Tuesday, September 4, 2012

SUMMER... WELL, FALL READING


I was away most of August, but a stack of new magazines were in my mailbox to greet me when I arrived back home.  Mixed among the pleasingly plump september issues of Vogue and W, were Saturdays Magazine, Opening Ceremony Annual, and Wax... 3 urban inspired surf and sport magazines that had debuted over the summer.







SATURDAYS MAGAZINE
The premier issue of the periodical now published by Saturdays Surf -- an uber cool surf shop, clothing store, espresso bar and hangout located in Soho NYC -- is as perfectly edited and curated as the store itself.  Beautifully designed and filled with great photography, this one is my favorite of the bunch.






OPENING CEREMONY ANNUAL
Another magazine from an ultra hip downtown NYC retail store, this magazine is Opening Ceremony's foray into the publishing world. Again as cool as the store that has become a trend setting mecca, the theme of their first issue was sports, inspired by the Olympics but interpreted with a very fashionable eye.



WAX
This magazine is the artsiest of the bunch. I would have preferred more pictures and less 
words myself, but for those looking for a more literary take on the intersection of art, culture, surfing 
and New York City, this one is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment